Features & Finishes
APPEALING EXTERIOR FEATURES & STRUCTURAL COMPONENTS
- 5/8” tongue and groove sub-flooring with sanded joints, glued and fastened with
screws for additional stability.
- Advanced floor joist system utilizing upgraded “Engineered Floor Joist Technology”.
- All exterior walls with 2”x 6” framing.
- Poured concrete basement floors and foundation walls with damp proofing and
drainage membrane to walls.
- All homes feature 9’0” ceilings on the ground, main and upper floor, except where
boxes and bulkheads exist, or where mechanical systems require a dropped ceiling. Many
designs have double height features, vaulted and cathedral ceilings, as per plan.
- Prominent usage of architecturally selected and controlled colour coordinated clay
brick, with brick detailing. Stonework and/or stucco as per applicable elevation.
Colour, style, materials, and elevations are pre-selected and architecturally
controlled to achieve a variety within the streetscape.
- Durable, maintenance free, pre-finished aluminum or vinyl soffits, fascia, eavestrough, down pipes, and siding – all colour coordinated.
- Limited life (manufacturer’s warranty), self sealing asphalt shingles accenting metal
roof details, as per plan.
- Prominent insulated entry door with upgraded brush nickel grip set and deadbolt,
featuring 1/2 panel glass inserts to all front entry door features, as per plan.
- Aluminum/Vinyl railing for porch (where required by Building Code) and decorative applications.
- Distinguished sectional steel insulated raised panel roll-up garage door with complimenting glass panels as per plan.
- Quality colour coordinated, Energy Efficient vinyl thermo pane casement windows
throughout (with low ‘E’ argon gas filled). Windows will also come with mullions
(bars) on frontal elevations, complete with screens. Applicable Design to receive
Sliding Doors as per plan. All exterior doors include weather stripping.
- The finishing touches of a fully sodded lot complete with patterned patio slab design
to front and rear elevation.
- Coffered ceilings as per plan.
- Waffle ceilings as per plan
KITCHEN & BATHS
- Quality designed cabinetry with standard granite counter tops within kitchen (dishwasher space provided) and all bathrooms.
- Extended kitchen upper cabinets throughout all designs. Pantries, breakfast bars &
serveries, as per plan.
- Kitchen faucet to be single lever faucet with pull out veggie spray.
- Fully enclosed glass shower stalls in Ensuite as per plan.
- Ceramic wall tiles installed in combination tub
and shower enclosures including ceiling. Where tub and shower stalls are separate,
tub areas are tiled to approximately 2 tiles high above tub deck. Glass shower stalls to
receive tiled walls and ceiling.
- All bathroom tub and shower enclosures to receive “mould resistant drywall”.
- Mirrors over vanities in all bathrooms. All bathroom vanities to have top drawers
or a single bank of drawers on double sink vanities, where sizing permits.
- Undermount sinks at additional cost.
Design Conscious Interior Finishes
- Sunken or raised foyer, mud room, laundry room, garage entrance landing
as per plan (where permitted or dictated by grade). Purchaser accepts the same.
- Smooth ceilings in kitchen, laundry, bathrooms and kitchen dinette.
- Spray textured stippled ceilings with 4” smooth border throughout balance of home.
Walk-in closets to be stippled only - no border.
- Decorative columns and complimenting low wall detail, as per plan. All buffet
niches to have MDF ledge and finished detail.
- Upgraded Colonial trim with 4” baseboard and 2 3/4” casing to all doorways,
windows, and doors. Interior doors to be two panel style.
- Lever type brushed nickel hardware with complimenting hinges. All low walls are
trimmed and painted.
- All homes to receive an oak staircase - natural finish (veneer risers and stringers)
with oak handrail, wood pickets and newel posts to finished areas, as per plan.
All upper hallways to receive oak nosing.
- Electric fireplace (optional). Gas fireplace (optional) for an Extra Cost.
- Thoughtful storage considerations with well appointed Linen and Pantries closets,
as per plan.
- All interior trim and doors are painted classic white. The interior walls to be painted
from your choice of 1 premium paint colour. (From Builders’ standard samples).
- Professional home cleaning prior to occupancy
Mechanical & Plumbing Systems
- Flexible water pipe solution using PEX (polyethylene) to reduce noise and
eliminate solder contaminants within plumbing system.
- Forced air hi-efficiency Energy Efficient gas
furnace complete with EnergyEfficient electronic (programmable) thermostat.
- Energy Efficient rated hot water delivery system (on rental basis).
- Ductwork, in basement, to be sealed for better air flow. All duct work is sized to
allow for future central air conditioning.
- Energy Efficient Heat Recovery Ventilator (HRV) for fresh air exchange, energy
efficiency and a healthier home.
- Energy Efficient exhaust fans installed in all finished bathrooms.
- White kitchen air cleaning hood fan over stove vented to the exterior.
- Durable stainless steel double ledge back kitchen sink.
- Provisional rough-in for future dishwasher (electrical run from panel to underside of
subfloor located at sink).
- Two exterior hose bibs are provided, one at rear (or side) and one in garage.
- All shower areas to receive the comfort of pressure balance control valves.
- All sink basins and plumbing fixtures to include the convenience of separate shut-off
- Low flow shower heads and faucets aerators are designed to conserve water while
helping the environment.
Convenient Electrical Appointments
- Black exterior coach lights on front and rear elevations.
- 100 amp electrical service with breaker panel. Weatherproof exterior electrical outlets,
one at rear of home and one at the front porch.
- 220 volt Heavy-Duty receptacle for stove and dryer.
- Ground fault indicator receptacles, as per building code.
- The security of hard wired visual smoke detectors on all floors and each bedroom,
including lower level, and carbon monoxide detector as per code.
- White Decora light switches and receptacles throughout.
- Contemporary ceiling fixtures in all bedrooms, hallways, side halls, foyer, kitchen,
eat-in kitchen, living room and family room, as per plan. Bathrooms to receive a strip
light fixture over the vanity and/or ceiling fixture (excluding powder room – to receive
ceiling fixture only).
- Ceiling mounted light within tiled ensuite shower enclosure.
- Rough-in for future central vacuum system with dedicated plug within garage
(termination of pipe may be in basement, garages or both – as determined by
- Convenient ceiling receptacle in garage for future garage door opener
- Energy Star® CFL light bulbs where applicable, helping reduce the greenhouse
- Minimum 3” wide Engineered Oak hardwood flooring main floor, upper floor,
bedrooms and hallways, excluding tiled areas (as per Builders’ standard samples).
- Ground floor laminate or vinyl flooring.
- A wide assortment of contemporary ceramic tile flooring in foyer, kitchen, eat-in
kitchen, all bathrooms, and finished laundry rooms from Builders’ standard samples.
- Laminate flooring for finished basement foyers as per plan from Builders’ Standard
- Tasteful municipal address stones provided.
- Vinyl protective membrane covering applied to all accessible balconies, as per plan, to prevent water penetration.
- Fully drywalled, one coat taped and primed garages, excluding concrete and block walls.
- Insulated garage to house access door installed with dead bolt and safety closer, if grading permits. If grading does not permit, no credits will apply and Purchaser shall accept the same.
- Master bedroom and Family room are pre-wired for cable TV, and the home is pre-wired for 2 telephone locations. All above referenced rough-in locations are predetermined by the Builder.
- Purchaser(s) accepts that the number of steps to front entrance and rear entrance and side entrance, if applicable, may be increased or decreased depending on final grading.
- The Purchaser acknowledges that finishing materials contained in any model home or sales office display, including broadloom, furniture, mirrors, fireplaces, electrical fixtures, drapes, ceramic/porcelain flooring, vinyl flooring, hardwood flooring, marble flooring, upgraded kitchen and vanity cabinets and countertops, stained staircase and railing, painting, wallpaper, etc., may be for display purposes only and may not be of the same grade or type, or may not necessarily be included in the dwelling unit purchased herein, unless expressly called for in this Agreement.
- Corner lots, townhome end units and priority lots may have special treatments which may require window changes and interior modifications to balance and improve the elevations of the house exposed to the street. The Purchaser accepts such changes as constructed or as necessary.
- When the Purchaser is buying a house already under construction, Purchaser acknowledges that there may be deviations from the floor plan, elevation or layout of this model and Purchaser agrees to accept such changes as constructed or as necessary.
- House types and streetscapes are subject to final Architectural approval of the City of Markham, or the Developer’s Architectural Control Architect and final siting, and approval of the Vendor’s Architect.
- Variations from Vendor’s samples may occur in exterior/interior materials, due to normal production process, availability or site condition.
Two Year Warranty Protection
- The home is free from defects in workmanship and materials pertaining to caulking windows and doors so the building prevents water penetrations.
- The home if free from defects in workmanship and materials within the distribution of electrical, plumbing and heating systems.
- The home is free from defects in workmanship and materials, resulting in the detachment, displacement or deterioration of exterior cladding.
- Violations of the Ontario Building Code’s Health and Safety provisions.
- Warranties are limited to the requirements established by the TARION Corporation Plan Act.
Seven Year Warranty Protection (Major Structural)
- A Major Structural Defect is defined in the TARION Corporation Plan Act as;
- A defect in workmanship and materials that result in the failure of a load-bearing part of
the home’s structure, or any defect in workmanship or material that adversely affects your
use of the building as a home.