Features & Finishes
Appealing Exterior Features & Structural Components
- 7/8” tongue and groove sub-flooring with sanded joints, glued and fastened with screws for additional stability.
- Advanced floor joist system utilizing upgraded “Engineered Floor Joist Technology.”
- All exterior walls with 2” x 6” framing.
- Poured concrete basement floors and foundation walls with damp proofing and drainage membrane to walls.
- For economical heating, the home will be insulated in accordance with current Energy Star requirements which exceed the current Ontario Building Code specifications including; full height basement insulation, expanding foam insulation to all garage ceilings with finished areas above, and around all windows and doors.
- Convenient cold cellars where grade permits complete with steel insulated door, floor drains, as per plan and where grade permits.
- All homes feature 9’0” ceilings on the main and second floor 8’0” in lofts, except where boxes and bulkheads exist, or where mechanical systems require a dropped ceiling. Many designs have double height features, vaulted and cathedral ceilings, as per plan.
- Prominent usage of architecturally selected and controlled colour coordinated clay brick, with brick detailing. Stonework and/or stucco as per applicable elevation. Colour, style, materials, and elevations are pre-selected and architecturally controlled to achieve a variety within the streetscape.
- Durable, maintenance free, pre-finished aluminum or vinyl soffits, fascia, eavestrough, down pipes, and siding – all colour coordinated.
- Limited life (manufacturer’s warranty), self sealing asphalt shingles accenting metal roof details, as per plan.
- Prominent insulated entry door with upgraded brush nickel grip set and deadbolt, featuring 1/2 panel glass inserts to all front entry door features, as per plan. Complimenting granite exterior door sills to both front and rear doors for a custom touch.
- Aluminum/Vinyl railing for both porch (where required by Building Code) and decorative applications.
- Distinguished sectional steel insulated raised panel roll-up garage door with complimenting glass panels as per plan.
- Quality colour coordinated, Energy Star labeled vinyl thermo pane casement windows throughout (with low ‘E’ argon gas filled). Windows will also come with mullions (bars) on frontal elevations, complete with screens. Applicable Design to receive Garden Doors as per plan. All exterior doors include weather stripping.
- Vinyl horizontal sliding basement windows 30” x 16” (approximate). Subject to grade. Window wells as required at the discretion of the Vendor. Purchaser accepts the same.
- The finishing touches of a fully sodded lot complete with patterned patio slab design to front and rear elevation. The basecoat paving is included. All detached homes shall be charged $1,300.00 for top coat on closing.
- Waffle ceilings as per floor plans in brochure.
Kitchen & Baths
- Quality designed cabinetry with standard granite counter tops within kitchen (dishwasher space provided), all bathrooms and laundry rooms.
- Extended kitchen upper cabinets throughout all designs. Pantries, breakfast bars & serveries, as per plan.
- Kitchen faucet to be single lever faucet with pull out veggie spray.
- Fully enclosed chrome framed glass shower stalls, as per plan.
- Ceramic wall tiles installed in combination tub and shower enclosures up to but not including ceiling. Where tub and shower stalls are separate, tub areas are tiled to approximately 2 tiles high above tub deck. Glass shower stalls to receive tiled walls only, excluding ceiling.
- All bathroom tub and shower enclosures to receive “mould resistant drywall”.
- Mirrors over vanities in all bathrooms. All bathroom vanities to have top drawers or a single bank of drawers on double sink vanities, where sizing permits.
Design Conscious Interior Finishes
- Sunken or raised foyer, mud room, laundry room, garage entrance landing as per plan (where permitted or dictated by grade). Purchaser accepts the same.
- Smooth ceilings in kitchen, laundry, bathrooms and kitchen dinette.
- Spray textured stippled ceilings with 4” smooth border throughout balance of home. Walk-in closets to be stippled only - no border.
- Decorative columns and complimenting low wall detail, as per plan. All art niches to have MDF ledge and finished detail.
- Upgraded Colonial trim with 4 1/8” baseboard and 2 3/4” casing to all doorways, windows, and doors. Interior doors to be two panel style.
- Lever type brushed nickel hardware with complimenting hinges. All low walls are trimmed and painted.
- All homes to receive an oak staircase - natural finish (veneer risers and stringers) with oak handrail, wood pickets and newel posts to finished areas, as per plan. All upper hallways to receive oak nosing.
- Direct-Vent gas fireplace with pre-cast limestone mantel on single sided and corner models, as per plan. Where 3 sided model fireplaces exist, a painted wood cap shall apply.
- Thoughtful storage considerations with well appointed Linen, Pantries and Mud Room closets, as per plan.
- All interior trim and doors are painted classic white. The interior walls to be painted from your choice of 1 premium paint colour. (From Builders’ standard samples)
- Professional home cleaning prior to occupancy, including windows and duct system.
Mechanical & Plumbing Systems
- Flexible water pipe solution using PEX (polyethylene) to reduce noise and eliminate solder contaminants within plumbing system.
- Forced air hi-efficiency Energy Star® gas furnace complete with Energy Star® electronic (programmable) thermostat.
- Energy Star® rated hot water delivery system (on rental basis).
- Ductwork, in basement, to be sealed for better air flow. All duct work is sized to allow for future central air conditioning.
- Energy Star® Heat Recovery Ventilator (HRV) for fresh air exchange, energy efficiency and a healthier home.
- Energy Star® exhaust fans installed in all finished bathrooms.
- White kitchen air cleaning hood fan over stove vented to the exterior.
- Durable stainless steel double ledge back kitchen sink.
- Provisional rough-in for future dishwasher (electrical run from panel to underside of subfloor located at sink).
- Two exterior hose bibs are provided, one at rear (or side) and one in garage.
- Laundry tub includes hot/cold water connections complete with base cabinet for all finished areas (where size permits) for main and 2nd floor applications as per plan.
- All shower areas to receive the comfort of pressure balance control valves.
- All sink basins and plumbing fixtures to include the convenience of separate shut-off valves.
- 3-piece rough-in bathroom in basement (location predetermined and may vary from brochure).
- Energy Star® Solar Ready conduit provisions for future use from attic to the basement.
- Low flow shower heads and faucets aerators are designed to conserve water while helping the environment.
Convenient Electrical Appointments
- Black exterior coach lights on front and rear elevations.
- 100 amp electrical service with breaker panel. Weatherproof exterior electrical outlets, one at rear of home and one atthe front porch.
- 220 volt Heavy-Duty receptacle for stove and dryer.
- Ground fault indicator receptacles, as per building code.
- The security of hard wired visual smoke detectors on all floors and each bedroom, including lower level, and carbon monoxide detector as per code.
- White Decora light switches and receptacles throughout.
- Contemporary ceiling fixtures in all bedrooms, hallways, side halls, foyer, kitchen, dinette, living room, den, great room, office, loft, library and family room, as per plan. Dining rooms to receive a stylish chandelier, bathrooms to receive a strip light fixture over the vanity and/or ceiling fixture (excluding powder room – to receive ceiling fixture only).
- Ceiling mounted light within tiled ensuite shower enclosure (not applicable to glass enclosures).
- Rough-in for future central vacuum system with dedicated plug within garage (termination of pipe may be in basement, garages or both – as determined by Vendor).
- Convenient ceiling receptacle in garage for future garage door opener installation.
- Single switch operating all basement lighting.
- Energy Star® CFL light bulbs where applicable, helping reduce the greenhouse effect.
- Minimum 3” wide Engineered Oak hardwood flooring main floor, second floor, bedrooms and hallways, excluding tiled areas (as per Builders’ standard samples).
- 40 oz. broadloom with high density under pad throughout second floor and loft where applicable. (As per Builders’ standard samples).
- A wide assortment of contemporary ceramic tile flooring in foyer, kitchen, dinette, all bathrooms, and finished laundry rooms from Builders’ standard samples.
- Laminate flooring for finished basement foyers as per plan from Builders’ Standard Samples.
- Tasteful municipal address stones provided.
- Vinyl protective membrane covering applied to all accessible balconies, as per plan, to prevent water penetration.
- Fully drywalled, one coat taped and primed garages, excluding concrete and block walls.
- Insulated garage to house access door installed with dead bolt and safety closer, if grading permits. If grading does not permit, no credits will apply and Purchaser shall accept the same.
- State of the art integrated Smart Home structured wiring terminating in the “Family Room”. This fully integrated home wiring system will provide the Hi-Tech infrastructure for today’s technological features and expand to give you the ones you may want in the future such as home-office applications, computer local area networks, high speed internet, fax, modem, home entertainment, digital audio/video distribution systems and
so much more. Including 1 CAT 5 & 2 RG6 lines.
- Master bedroom and Family room are pre-wired for cable TV, and the home is pre-wired for 2 telephone locations. All above referenced rough-in locations are predetermined by the Builder.
- Purchaser(s) accepts that the number of steps to front entrance and rear entrance and side entrance, if applicable, may be increased or decreased depending on final grading.
- The Purchaser acknowledges that finishing materials contained in any model home or sales office display, including broadloom, furniture, mirrors, fireplaces, electrical fixtures, drapes, ceramic/porcelain flooring, vinyl flooring, hardwood flooring, marble flooring, upgraded kitchen and vanity cabinets and countertops, stained staircase and railing, painting, wallpaper, etc., may be for display purposes only and may not be of the same grade or type, or may not necessarily be included in the dwelling unit purchased herein, unless expressly called for in this Agreement.
- Corner lots, townhome end units and priority lots may have special treatments which may require window changes and interior modifications to balance and improve the elevations of the house exposed to the street. The Purchaser accepts such changes as constructed or as necessary.
- When the Purchaser is buying a house already under construction, Purchaser acknowledges that there may be deviations from the floor plan, elevation or layout of this model and Purchaser agrees to accept such changes as constructed or as necessary.
- House types and streetscapes are subject to final Architectural approval of the City of Markham, or the Developer’s Architectural Control Architect and final siting, and approval of the Vendor’s Architect.
- Variations from Vendor’s samples may occur in exterior/interior materials, due to normal production process, availability or site condition.
Two Year Warranty Protection
- The home is free from defects in workmanship and materials pertaining to caulking windows and doors so the building prevents water penetrations.
- The home if free from defects in workmanship and materials within the distribution of electrical, plumbing and heating systems.
- The home is free from defects in workmanship and materials, resulting in the detachment, displacement or deterioration of exterior cladding.
- Violations of the Ontario Building Code’s Health and Safety provisions.
- Warranties are limited to the requirements established by the TARION Corporation Plan Act.
Seven Year Warranty Protection (Major Structural)
A Major Structural Defect is defined in the TARION Corporation Plan Act as;
- A defect in workmanship and materials that result in the failure of a load-bearing part of the home’s structure, or any defect in workmanship or material that adversely affects your use of the building as a home.
Types of Permitted Early Termination Conditions
- The Vendor of a home is permitted to make the Purchase Agreement conditional as follows:
- upon receipt of Approval from an Approving Authority for:
- a change to the official plan, other governmental development plan or zoning by-law (including a minor variance);
- a consent to creation of a lot(s) or part-lot(s);
- a certificate of water potability or other measure relating to domestic water supply to the home;
- a certificate of approval of septic system or other measure relating to waste disposal from the home;
- completion of hard services for the property or surrounding area (i.e., roads, rail crossings, water lines, sewage lines, other utilities);
- allocation of domestic water or storm or sanitary sewage capacity;
- easements or similar rights serving the property or surrounding area;
- site plan agreements, density agreements, shared facilities agreements or other development agreements with Approving Authorities or nearby landowners, and/or any development Approvals required from an Approving Authority; and/or
- site plans, plans, elevations and/or specifications under architectural controls imposed by an Approving Authority.
The above-noted conditions are for the benefit of both the Vendor and the Purchaser and cannot be waived by either party.
- subject to paragraph 1(c), receipt by the Vendor of confirmation that sales of homes in the Freehold Project have exceeded a specified threshold by a specified date;
- subject to paragraph 1(c), receipt by the Vendor of confirmation that financing for the Freehold Project on terms satisfactory to the Vendor has been arranged by a specified date;
- receipt of Approval from an Approving Authority for a basement walkout; and/or
- confirmation by the Vendor that it is satisfied the Purchaser has the financial resources to complete the transaction.
The above-noted conditions are for the benefit of the Vendor and may be waived by the Vendor in its sole discretion.
- the following requirements apply with respect to the conditions set out in subparagraph 1(b)(i) or 1(b)(ii):
- the 3 Business Day period in section 6(i) of the Addendum shall be extended to 10 calendar days for a Pruchase Agreement which contains a condition set out in subparagraphs 1(b)(i) and/or 1(b)(ii);
- the Vendor shall complete the Property Description on page 2 of this Addendum;
- the date for satisfaction of the condition cannot be later than 9 months following signing of the purchase Agreement; and
- until the condition is satisfied or waived, all monies paid by the Purchaser to the Vendor, including deposit(s) and monies for upgrades
and extras: (A) shall be held in trust by the Vendor’s lawyer pursuant to a deposit trust agreement (executed in advance in the form specified by Tarion Warranty Corporation, which form is available for inspection at the offices of Tarion Warranty Corporation during normal business hours), or secured by other security acceptable to Tarion and arranged in writing with Tarion, or (B) failing compliance with the requirement set out in clause (A) above, shall be deemed to be held in trust by the Vendor for the Purchaser on the same terms as are set out in the form of deposit trust agreement described in clause (A) above.
- The following definitions apply in this schedule:
“Approval” means an approval, consent or permission (in final form not subject to appeal) from an Approving Authority and may include competition of necessary agreements (i.e., site plan agreement) to allow lawful access to and use and Closing of the property for its intended residential purpose.
“Approving Authority” means a government (federal, provincial or municipal), governmental agency, Crown corporation, or quasi-governmental authority (a privately operated organization exercising authority delegated by legislation or a government).
“Freehold Project” means the construction or proposed construction of three or more freehold homes (including the Purchaser’s home) by the same Vendor in a single location, either at the same time or consecutively, as a single coordinated undertaking.
- Each condition must:
- be set out separately;
- be reasonably specific as to the type of Approval which is needed for the transaction; and
- identify the Approving Authority by reference to the level of government and/or the identity of the governmental agency, Crown corporation or quasi-governmental authority.
- For greater certainty, the Vendor is not permitted to make the Purchase Agreement conditional upon:
- receipt of a building permit;
- receipt of a Closing permit; and/or
- completion of the home.